Wednesday, January 9, 2013

OVEN DOGS FOR YOU AND ME!

Brennon and I LOVE OVEN DOGS... What are oven dogs?  Before you decide to put your dog in the oven check out the recipe below... Happy Eating!


Ingredients -

1 pkg of 8 brat buns
1 pkg of 8 hot dogs (I love the Oscar Meyer All Beef Chicago Style Dogs)
Real Mayo (Bring out the Hellman's.. Bring Out the Best)
Sweet Relish
1 can Hormel Chili or 1 jar Sauerkraut (Or Both)
1 pkg Shredded Cheese


1.  Slather each brat bun with real mayo.  I do 4 dogs at a time.  This way Brennon can have 2 dogs, I can have 1, and we have one for Brennon to take for lunch the next day.

2.  Add sweet relish to the mayo slathered bun.  I wasn't sure how I felt about sweet relish, but have decided that the more relish I use, the better I like my dog :)

3. Next add the hot dog to your bun.

4.  Cover hotdog with chili or sauerkraut or both.... Brennon likes both, I am a big fan of just the kraut.  The picture above has just kraut.

5.  Add shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes... Remove from oven and enjoy!


We discovered this recipe and I am pretty sure we eat them once a week.  What is great, is that there are 8 buns and 8 hotdogs.  Since I only do 4 at a time, we have enough to make the recipe again.  Some may say that eating hot dogs weekly is unhealthy.  Even so, we love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment