Thursday, July 13, 2017

22 Weeks - Keepin' Him Cookin'


Today, I am 22 weeks 6 days pregnant!



Baby Zellmer
Gestation in Picture - 22 Weeks 4 Days
Heartbeat 150 bpm
Weight - 1 lb 8 oz
Cervical Length - 4.6 cm (Long and Closed)


In a few short days, this will be the longest I have ever been pregnant.  

I know I am going to make it, but I am only a little nervous that things are going so well, that by talking about it I will jinx it.  4 years ago at this gestation, my cerclage broke and I went into labor with Jase and Kaleb.  This gestation, 4 years ago, reminds me of the 4 days of hoping, praying, and trying to keep both babies inside.... and here I am - 22 weeks 6 days and my cervix is long and closed and in the 4.6 cm range.

Did you know?  The normal length of a woman who is not pregnant is between 4-5 cm?
This means with the help of the cerclage, my cervix is functioning like it is supposed too.

I am also reassured that I have a double cerclage (two stitches on my cervix).  The chance of preterm labor before 32 weeks with a double cerclage is slim.

At 22 weeks 4 days pregnant,  the baby measured consistently a week ahead at 23 weeks 3 days, and weighed approximately 1 pound 8 oz!  It's exciting to think that my baby looks like Jase and Kaleb did when they were born.  He is already measuring bigger then any of my babies and it is also exciting to think that this baby has a chance to grow much, much bigger.

The ultrasound tech said it best.  "You grow big, strong babies, now we have to keep the incubator from breaking!"

I did a little searching and a I found pictures of my boys at this gestation.
I have to share because this is the last gestation that I will be able to compare pictures!



Jase in the first picture at 22 weeks 2 days, 
Kaleb in the second picture at 22 weeks 2 days, 
Baby G in the third picture at 22 weeks 4 days.

Don't my babies all look the same?!


That is all the excitement for this week.

I actually went shopping with my mom yesterday for a short time and bought some needed items for the baby.  I officially have the diaper bag packed.  Now, I just have to pack my hospital bag.  I know it is early, but having two preterm pregnancies, I just want to be prepared.  

Brennon said it best - "pack it so we don't need it!"

Cheers to 23 Weeks and a Growing Baby!

See you next week!
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment