Wednesday, July 26, 2017

23 Weeks - 24 Weeks!! We Are Still Pregnant!


July 18, 2017 (23 Weeks 4 Days Pregnant)

Today, marks the day, of which I can say, this is the longest I have ever been pregnant.

I have a month left of the 2nd trimester!

Yesterday, 4 years ago at this gestation, Jase and Kaleb were born at 23 weeks 3 days. Brennon and I went to Des Moines today for an extra ultrasound just to ensure that all is good with our baby and the cerclage.  My cervix continues to measure 4.5 cm (normal) with the help of the two cerclages!  The baby's butt is sitting on my cervix and likes to bounce on it.  It seriously feels like he is stabbing me knitting needles! UGH!!  I am patiently waiting for the day he moves up.... but he is already showing his stubborn side.  He is quite the acrobat as he bounces on his but with his feet above his head, sucking on his fingers.  He appears very happy inside Mama and we expect him to stay there for 13 more weeks.  We tried to get a 4D picture, but he loves to touch his face and we are convinced he is trying to play peek-a-boo. As of today we have 94 more days until we 37 weeks and a scheduled c-section.

Baby G with his feet above his head and his butt on my cervix!

Sucking his fingers!

4D Picture


They say this is my cervix.  I don't see it, but I don't look at my cervix very often! :) I do see the two cerclages (STX) and I am excited to know that my cervix isn't funneling and it is long and closed.  
My hope is that we are able to make it the next 14 weeks without any complications.

--------------------------------------------

July 24, 2017 (24 Weeks 3 Days)


Our baby is moving so much these days. Although I have felt movement since 17 weeks, Brennon has felt the baby only once at 21 weeks. We are still waiting for the moment when Brennon can feel the baby all the time.  It seems he will kick and kick until Brennon or Jase put their hands on my belly and then he is calm and quiet.  I'm not expecting much, the same happened in our first two pregnancies!


Jase continues to count down until baby.  88 more days until our goal of 37 weeks!


Although, Jase said he would rather countdown until Christmas (154 Days)!  

He is already making his list and telling us he is always a good boy.  


I am so excited to think that we could have a full term baby and bring our baby home from the hospital after birth.  Really I think back to this gestation with the twins, and to realize that they were struggling to live outside the womb, makes me want to do everything in my ability to keep this baby safe and growing inside of me.  I have had to give up many family activities and events including a much wanted baby shower I wanted to attend for my cousin, to ensure I am keeping this baby safe, but I know everyone understands. 

Today, I head to Des Moines for my OB appointment and gestational diabetes test.



------------------------------


July 26, 2017 (24 Weeks 5 Days) - Although, my date of conception says 25 weeks 1 day!! (But who is counting?)


I still say it all the time - how I wish for a normal pregnancy.
I am only a little jealous of full term pregnancies.
Hopefully this will be the pregnancy that I get to experience full term!

I saw Dr Drake yesterday and I left the high risk doctor, with tears streaming down my face. Not because there was anything wrong, but because it was my last ultrasound to check my cervix.  I felt like a child whose security blanket had been taken away.

My cervix measured 4 cm yesterday.  I believe that a normal length at my gestation is 3.5 - 4 cm - so I am very much in the normal range.  I trust my doctors fully, so I know they are doing what is best for me and the baby, but I can't help but not trust my body.  My cervix can change so quickly, but I am reassured that if my cervix does fail, my baby is to big to just fall out.  I would have to have symptoms of pre-term labor.  My activity continues to be restricted.  I was discharged with the knowledge that I still have to take it easy, no work and laying down more then I am standing up. 

So as of today, I am only under the care of my regular OB, unless she decides that I need to see Dr Drake again.  I also failed my gestational diabetes test yesterday - so I will be taking the 3 hour test on Friday.  Thankfully, I can take it at the lab in Creston and have the results submitted to Dr Lehman.  I am extremely thankful for this, as I don't have to drive an hour to sit at the lab in  Des Moines for three hours and then an hour drive home.

I knew passing the test would be a struggle due to my inactivity, insulin resistance and my PCOS prior to pregnancy, but I am still hoping that I pass the fasting test. If  I don't, it just means following a better diet, which in all honesty is better for me and for the baby.

So, that's my still pregnant update!
How thankful I am for the cerclage and progesterone, that has assisted me in still being pregnant.
My prayer now is to pass the gestational diabetes test and to stay pregnant for at least 12 more weeks!
My c-section is scheduled for the 37th week and the cerclage will be removed at the time of baby's birth.

Next Appointments:  August 21st and September 19th - regular OB appointments!

Thanks for following us on this journey and for all the thoughts and prayers!
Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment