Monday, December 31, 2012

NYE - THE ZELLMERS, THE MURDOCKS AND THE CLASSIC CAFE

Today is New Year's Eve....  Gone are the days of going out, drinking myself into a stupor and passing out before the ball dropped.  Oh wait - who am I kidding that happened last weekend, and I was sick for 3 days. Technically from the stomach flu - But really,  hangovers in your 30's just seem to hate you a little bit more then a hangover in your 20's did.

So tonight, let me be the DD...  Two years ago, that was my resolution - the year I turned 30 - I drove my friends around town, bar after bar, just me, my friends and my glass of water.  It was wonderful... I was able to celebrate on New Year's Day, while my friends looked a little green.  Last year, we were on our way home from our Christmas in Mexico...who needed to party - we had just celebrated 10 days on the beach in Peurta Vallarta, Mexico.  And this year, well we didn't make plans because we believed we would be home with a newborn.  Since Carter is not in our arms but forever in our hearts... what should we do?  We have to do something.... right?

APPLE WOOD SMOKED PRIME RIB
Absolutely YES - We should travel to Malvern, Iowa to the Classic Cafe.  Let me begin by saying that this is absolutely my favorite restaurant.  Is it worth the hour drive to get there?  Absolutely YES!  It has Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives Written All Over It - Can someone call Guy Fieri and direct him to this place!  I can almost taste the apple wood smoked prime rib as I write this post.


We always try to take a road trip to Malvern with our friends, Larry and Summer Murdock, the ones who introduced us to the Classic Cafe.  Every year, we celebrate our anniversaries in April with a trip to Malvern, a glass of wine and for me PRIME RIB - This year, we decided what better way to end 2012... but to celebrate with good food and good friends!  It was a great time :)  I am never disappointed!  So the next time you are in Malvern, Iowa - The Classic Cafe is a must!  Tell Brad and Alicia we said HI!

Brennon and Melissa Zellmer, Larry, Summer and Evan Murdock

Happy New Year's Eve 2012 - From the Zellmers and the Murdocks - at the Classic Cafe :)

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
- A New Year's Toast - 

So here's to 2012 - a year of happiness and sadness, hope and faith, love and friendship - moments of joy and moments of hardship, both providing me with strength I didn't know that I possessed.  Thank you for the family that held me, the friends that stood beside me, and the love of God that sustained me.

And here's to 2013 - May the New Year bring much love, happiness, many prayers and blessings.  Because I believe that God has more wonderful things planned for me than I can even imagine! (Ephesians 3:20)  I am blessed with God's purpose and perfect plan for my life.  May I use 2013 to be of assistance to God, to my family, my friends, my job, and to strangers I have yet to meet.  To help others instead of hurt... to love instead of hate and to welcome the New Year with faith that God will never forget me nor leave me.  To cherish the memory of my Carter Baby, and to continue to accept the THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE, nurture and love my husband, Brennon,  and to live my life to fullest, that life and those in it be about quality not quantity.  And, most importantly to let go of the THINGS I THINK I SHOULD CONTROL and remember to TRUST in God.  FOR I AM BLESSED!

My Wish For You -  Many Blessings in 2013 - and that you may live each day to the fullest!  
Happy New Year - Melissa






No comments:

Post a Comment