Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bacon Jalapeño Popper Quiche

This is one of my new favorite recipes - If you like Jalapeño Poppers and Enjoy a great Quiche - This recipe is a must try.  

1 Pie Crust (Pillsbury Pie Crusts Work Best)
4 Fresh Jalapeños - 3 Diced & Deseeded, 1 Sliced
1 Package of Cream Cheese, softened
1 Pound of Bacon - More or Less to Taste - 
1 Bag of Shredded Cheese (I used Colby Jack)
8 Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Real Butter
Paprika


DIRECTIONS - 

1.  Cook 1 pound of Bacon.  I baked my bacon in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until desired crispyness.  I patted away extra grease and set aside.
This is 7 slices of bacon - Next time we will use more!
2.  Allow pie crust to warm to room temperature.  Soften Cream Cheese.  Unroll pie crust and place crust in pie pan.  Spread Cream Cheese on crust.  Slice 1 Jalapeño and set aside for later - Dice remaining 3 Jalapeños (removing most of the seeds)  and sprinkle on top of cream cheese.  Sprinkle shredded cheese lightly on top.  Sprinkle with coarse black pepper.





3.  Layer bacon over the cream cheese and diced jalapeños.  When making it again, I will double the layer of bacon.  Can you ever have to much bacon?


4.  Melt butter in microwave. Add milk and eggs and whisk well! 



5.   Pour Egg Mixture over the bacon.  Sprinkle with Paprika - 



6.  Top with Shredded Cheese and put sliced jalapeños on top.  Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 350 degrees for 30 minutes - 35 minutes until eggs are cooked completely.



7.  The finished quiche - Warm from the oven.  Serve with Salsa or Sour Cream - Serves 4-6 people


I love this recipe -  I can't believe I am sharing ...... I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!  Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment