Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thought for Week #11 of 2013 :)

What to talk about this week?  Yesterday was the 11th Monday of 2013.  I know, I know - I am slipping.  Today is Tuesday!  I almost thought that I would skip a week because  I really didn't have much to ramble about, but don't worry, even though I missed my Monday deadline, I still got it done.  Yesterday was just so busy!

I am sharing a picture of my cat this week.  I have decided that I very well could become a crazy cat lady except I dislike cats.  My cat is CrAzY - and I am pretty sure I made her that way.  I continue to teach her tricks just so I can tell people that I have a crazy cat.  (opps - not sure I meant to share that.)  So far, I have taught her how to fetch, and how to beg for treats.  If I tell her to "lay down" she does.  But, I am beginning to believe that my cat thinks she is a dog.  This amazes me because she hates dogs, and pretty much she dislikes all people that own dogs. She will hiss, attack and hide any time a dog visits our home.  I am pretty positive that she was not  near a dog during her first few weeks of life. So not sure where she picked up the mannerisms of a dog.  Anyway, back to my story.  My cat growls at the mailman.  One of these days, I will come home to the screen busted out of the living room windows.  You should see the way she pounces at the mailman from the back of the chair.  I have had to replace the roman blinds many times!  Today, she was watching shadows perched on the rocking chair.  So steady, she rocked back and forth.  My question being, how in the world can that 18 pound fat cat be so balanced.  I have put her on a diet but I just don't believe it is working....It just makes her grumpy.  (Just like me - diets make me grumpy too!) Oh the joys of owning a cat... Now, to blog about my last week.

This week was consumed with the GREAT Bathroom Disaster of 2013.  Oh if only the walls could talk, they would be laughing at the shenanigans that have happened at the Zellmer household this past week.  Each night after work, I have watched my husband go into the bathroom and try to make the drywall perfect, the texture perfect and the tile perfect.  It is time to win the lottery, because I can't afford another home project with my husband that involves dry wall.  We have to win so I won't feel the need to be cheap, and can hire the work done.  I have promised Brennon that the next home project that we need to do, will be hired done.  I love my husband to much for the amount of emotion it causes Brennon and I.  But the bathroom is done!  Besides a few finishing touches,  it is done.  I would like to take out the window and use ceramic tile to complete the tub area, but that will have to wait until summer.  It is just to cold right now.... and with the holes that popped up every time we took down tile in the bathroom, I am afraid of what is behind the tub.... The entire wall might just fall in?  I am not superstitious - but maybe I should knock on wood!

LOVE - FRIENDS - FAMILY - We are really out of groceries. I believe we have some margarita mix, ketchup and maybe a piece of cheese.   Usually we go grocery shopping on the weekends. There was no need to this weekend, because we didn't eat unless we were eating out.  OPPS! Not good for the weight loss!  Which, I finally stepped on the scale.  I think I gained weight.  Anyway, the Big Juanita, Happy Hour and Friends at the Windrow Friday night.  Hanging out on the couch with Summer, and Casey's Pizza while watching Brennon finish the bathroom on Saturday and then the Windrow again Saturday night with B's mom and dad.   I was reminded again how much we love and appreciate them.  They helped us with the bathroom and are willing to do whatever to help us out.  I was also able to spend time with my family this weekend too.  DOUBLE BLESSED!   This Sunday, my mom had family dinner, and we were able to consume lots of corned beef and cabbage.  It was awesome, although I have to apologize to anyone that had to ride with Brennon in the truck today for work!  Emalie and I made Irish soda bread, and I am quite thankful I didn't make homemade ice cream because I was stuffed.  

FAITH - What happens when my daily message from God is the same one I received weeks ago?  Was this just a mistake?  Or do you think it was a sign, and I just needed reminded again.  Sometimes, I need a good thump on my head to see things that are right in front of me.  This message again makes me think that I should be doing something, but I am not sure what?  My message again reminded me that my talent is God's gift to me - What I do with it is my gift to God.  I just wish I knew what I was to being doing.  Each of us is blessed with many gifts and talents..... Am I supposed to be doing something different, something more?  While I ponder that, I am still holding on tight to my New Year's Resolution... Have you given up on yours?  I continue to pray each day that I continue to trust in God.  And when I become discouraged, I remind myself that I am not in control.  I have to let go and let God.  I will trust in the Lord with all my heart.  Which will be my thought for next week.  When I become overwhelmed, happy, sad, scared, excited or feeling mediocre, I will take a deep breath and trust that I am right where I need to be, every moment of my life has led me to where I am and the road that I am headed on.  Thanks for being a part of my life - Have a great week!  Until next Monday - Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment