Monday, April 29, 2013

Random Thoughts for Week #17 of 2013.....

Would it be okay if I just posted Week #17 UNDER CONSTRUCTION?

Today is the 17th Monday.  I have so much to talk about... Mostly, because my blog was under construction last week.  I just wasn't able  sit down long enough to concentrate on my thought for the week.  Come to think of it -  I am pretty sure I wasn't able to concentrate on any of my thoughts.  It was a busy week, a sick week and a happy week.  No more excuses - I just didn't write an entry last week.  So, here I am Monday morning, a little insomnia and my computer to ensure I get everything done.  Because I know as early as I was up this morning, it is looking like a nap right after work.

I really do think I need to apologize prior to you reading any farther.  I have a sincere feeling that this blog is just going to be a bunch of random thoughts.... Just remember - I warned you!

Random Thought #1 - Really, I am not even sure where to start.  Last week started with the Autism Walk in Creston.  It was a blast and we had a great turnout.  For the first annual race, we had 103 participants.  Everyone did a great job, and I was really glad that I could be a part of it.  The race, ended up with a post race drink, which honestly ended up with a few beverages, a game of cards, and a late night.  This resulted in what I can only imagine is an inner-ear infection.  Because I have had vertigo for the last 7 days.  It has been quite the experience.  I really have never had the room spin this bad, not even with the worse hangover....which I haven't been drinking alcohol... who only knows how bad the spins would be if I was. I am pretty sure that there were a couple of days where I was pretty thankful that Brennon drives me to work.

The vertigo is mostly gone - but it was replaced with little white pocket on my tonsils and it hurts to swallow.  I am wondering if it is because we slept with the window open last night?  I am not even sure if that is possible.... But, either way I refuse to be sick,  so I am sticking the allergy theory?!  Let me also say that I am loving this nice weather.  I was so pumped to get off work today and be able to walk outside.

Random Thought #2 -  Yesterday, was our anniversary.  Together for 8 years and married for 6, I can't imagine life without Brennon.  Every year on our anniversary, I think back to where I was prior to my marriage with Brennon.  Although, I wouldn't change the path that led me to him, I sure am happy to be where I am today.  We spent yesterday in Des Moines having breakfast, shopping and enjoying our time together.  Although, now I am feeling a little buyer's remorse... or maybe my credit card does.  I guess that I should just be thankful that I have the ability to pay it off each month.

We spent Saturday night in Malvern with Larry and Summer for our annual anniversary dinner.  Happy Anniversary tomorrow to Larry and Summer!!!  It is always a blast and the food is always great.  The apple wood smoked prime rib is still my favorite.  Saturday, I did pass up the prime rib for something different.  (SHOCKING - I KNOW) Although my chicken was excellent, the prime rib is still my favorite.  It probably is a good thing that the Classic Cafe is an hour and fifteen minutes away because I am not sure which it would affect more.... my fupa or my checkbook?

Random Thought #3 - Really, you just have to keep the faith! I went to the doctor last week.  Well, I think I have been to Des Moines 3 times in the last two weeks and most of them were because of doctor appointments.  I had a 6 month appointment and guess what - all precancerous cells are gone!  I am so thankful for all the prayers, and feel even more blessed that those crazy cells have healed.  And I don't have another doctor's appointment until May 13th!  I have to tell you, that even though it sounds like this frequent traveling to Des Moines is bothering me.  It really is not - I have been dragging Brennon a long and we have had some awesome meals together during the last couple of weeks.

Random Thought #4 - There is so much going on in our lives - and most of it involves work.  (Don't tell Brennon - but I plan on watching him work more then I plan on working!)  The list goes on and on.  We have to paint the trim, build a deck, take out the window in the bathroom, replace the tile above the bathtub, and we would really like new carpet in the living room... IT is going to be a busy summer!  IT is going to be an expensive summer!  I am sure I will be sharing more of these experiences in the next couple weeks, because as you may remember my husband is NOT a carpenter.  I am thinking I should hire it done... although I am pretty sure the labor is pretty high in the projects above.  And Brennon is free labor - if you feel like helping - give me a call!  I won't turn down the help!  AND Brennon even if you are not a great carpenter - I do appreciate how hard you work!

Random Thought #5  - If it matters you will find a way.  I strongly dislike the word try.  DO or DO NOT - There is no try. Yet, I am guilty of using it and yes,  I am sure you use it too.  If it is important to you, you will do it.   Try is a way to say, I am not sure it is important to me yet, so I will try and do it.... That is just another one of  my random thoughts......

This brings me to my Thought For the Week.....  Wednesday is May Day - a traditional spring holiday.   It is also a day to surprise your family/friends/neighbors/co-workers with small gifts on their doorsteps.  This week I would like you to find something important to you and commit to doing it.  Would you like to exercise more, accomplish more at work, visit a friend, call a loved one on the phone, drop off a random may basket, give a compliment,  or help someone else?  Please don't try this week - commit to one random act of kindness and share the love.


Have a Blessed Week - I will TRY to work harder on my blog next week!  JUST KIDDING - I will commit to giving my blog a little more attention.  Until then my friends!

Love Melissa

1 comment:

  1. what AWESOME news......NO precancerous cells!!!!Thank You God.
    Amd I remembered your anniversary kast week and had every intention of sending you a text and guess what I forgot. I remembered when I read it on your blog. Sorry but Happy Belated Anniversary. I would offer Lee to help Brennan do all the work this summer but he is NOT a carpenter either. I would just as soon leave the house and stay completely away when he is doing projects here. I think new words are invented at those times!!
    Love You,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete