Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mouthwatering French Dip

So - I have to share.  I was looking at Pinterest at different recipes and came across French Dips.  I love French Dips!  I decided because it is gloomy, calling for snow and I don't have to work tonight.  I would pull out the crock pot.  Normally, I just throw my roast in the crockpot with a stick of butter and seasoning and let it cook - HMMM - that wasn't going to work today.  I searched and searched for recipes, took the best of a few recipes and made my own.  Here is the masterpiece recipe for ....

MOUTHWATERING FRENCH DIPS


3 lb Roast
1 Large Yellow Onion (Yes, it matters what onion you use!)
1 Stick Real Butter
1 1/2 Cup of Water
3 tsp of Beef Broth Base
2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
3 T of Dijon Mustard
1-2 Garlic Cloves Diced or 1 T Minced Garlic
1/4 Cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1-2 T Prepared Horseradish (I used 2 but add more or less to taste.)
Seasonings of Your Choice ( I used black pepper, garlic powder and parsley.)
6-8 Hoagie Rolls
Provolone Cheese

1.  Dust off the Crockpot.  Slice the onion and place in bottom of Crockpot. Add a stick of butter.

2. Season the roast liberally with seasonings of your choice.

3.  Place the roast on top of onions and butter.

4.  In a mixing bowl, pour in Water, Beef Broth Base,  Worcestershire Sauce, Mustard, Garlic,
     Soy Sauce and Horseradish.  Whisk together well.

5.  Pour over Roast.

6.  Cook on Low 7-9 Hours OR High for 4-6 Hours until meat is falling apart.

7.  Remove the Meat  and Onions. Shred the Meat.  Set the sauce aside for dipping.

8.  Separate the Hoagie Buns and place on a Baking Sheet.  Add Meat and Onions to Hoagie Bun.
     Top with Cheese.  Broil on High Until Cheese is Melted.

9.  Serve with the Au Jus sauce and I garnished with pepperchinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment