Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cheeseburger Chowder

I love to make soup on a cold winter day and I love cheese soup.  I went out to eat one day and cheeseburger soup was on the menu, so I ordered it... I went home thinking - I can make this... Here is my recipe.

Cheeseburger Chowder

1 Large Can of Chicken Broth
1 Bag of Hashbrowns
2 lbs Hamburger - Browned and Drained
1 small onion diced
1 lb of Velvetta
1 bag of Shredded Cheese - I use Colby Jack

1.  In a large pan - Bring Chicken Broth to a boil.  Add Bag of Hasbrowns and cook until soft. Decrease heat to a simmer.  

2.  In a skillet - brown hamburger and diced onions.  Drain Very Well.  Add Hamburger and Onions to the Broth.  

3.  Dice Velvetta.  Add to the broth mixture and stir until melted.  Add a bag of shredded cheese to the mixture, stir until melted.  Add more or less shredded cheese to obtain your desired consistency.

4.  Serve and Enjoy!


Today, I made this for lunch, and after putting the soup in my bowl, added a few sliced pickles, shredded lettuce and tomatoes to my soup.  It was actually pretty good:)


No comments:

Post a Comment