Monday, January 14, 2013

Thought for Week #2 of 2013

It is now the 2nd Monday of 2013 - And here is another Very Zellmer Update.  I saw this sign last week, and I wanted to read it over and over again.  This one photo spoke to me, it reminded me once again that I am in control of my life, my feelings, my choices.  So my thought for the week... THIS IS YOUR LIFE.  Absolutely this is my life.  I have every opportunity to do what I love and to do it often.  We say hello, we say goodbye.  Each serving a purpose to help us to realize the people that we are meant to be. I try to remind myself often that I am responsible for my words, my actions and how I choose to live my life. When some one ignores me, or says something hurtful, when I receive a smile from a stranger, or a hug from a loved one, only I am responsible for how I react.  Life is short, and often times, we are so wrapped up in our lives that we forget to remember what is truly important in life, and often we don't realize what we truly had, until it is not there anymore.  SO, let me take this opportunity to remind myself to take time in the coming week, to make someone feel special, to do something kind for someone, to smile at a stranger, to hug a loved one... and to remember that the greatest things in life, are not things.

TODAY - I am productive.  I have accomplished more today, then I think that I have accomplished all last week.  I am happy to say that after a crazy work week last week, this Monday has treated me quite well.  I am thankful for today.


LOVE -  God Gave Me You, Brennon Zellmer.  Today, I am reminded that I am lucky that God gave me you.  Today, I fall in love with you again, as I do every day.  I truly believe that some things have to fall apart for better things  to fall together.  I remember being devestated by my divorce, believing that I would be alone forever, that I would never find someone that loved me as much as I loved them.  And then I met you.  Not really what I considered my type, I remember how we clicked, how we were able to bring out the best in each other, not the worse.  I remember being confused by the fact that we didn't argue and still amazed that we don't fight.  I couldn't imagine not having you in my life.  Thank you loving me, as much as I love you.


FAMILY - Brennon and I used to host Sunday dinners for our family every week.  Usually we had at least 7 people sitting around our dining room table.  I don't think we have done this since Carter was born, and I am not really sure why not.  It is time to start the tradition again soon.  Maybe next week I can start the week off right with some poor man prime rib, baked potatoes and bacon brussel sprouts.  I can't wait, maybe that will be my recipe to post for next week!

FRIENDS -  Friday night we were able to see friends we hadn't seen in awhile.  We partied with Bill and Penny as they celebrated their new venture as business owners.  We are so happy for them and had great fun at their Grand Opening!  It also reminded me that I can be around people and be okay.  I used to love big crowds, to make my presence known and to try and make people laugh and have a good time.  Friday, I realized that I am anxious in a group of people, that friends that we used to spend lots of time with is more difficult now. One of my gifts, it seems, is being sensitive to other peoples' moods and feelings.  This can be a blessing, as I can sometimes tell if people are sad, or mad, etc... but it also can be difficult because I can feel when people are uncomfortable around me. Now, I would almost rather blend into the background, smile and speak to a few close friends then to work the room.  I know that it will get easier... I just never noticed how much I take for granted my quiet Friday nights at home.  I can't believe I just said that, a year ago, I could never imagine choosing to be home on a Friday night.

I am looking forward to the week ahead with one of my bestest friends.  This Friday, I made plans to spend the evening with Corina. The poor girl has known me since we were little and she still chooses to hang out with me....  I am so blessed with her in my life.  It continues to amaze me that we can go a long time without speaking, but when we do we pick up exactly where we left off.  She has been a shining star in my life during the last 6 months, especially in November, when she invited me to dinner.  Thank God she drug me out of my house, and it was exactly what I needed. We visited, we talked about struggles and and blessings, faith and hope, and she even helped me to make some pretty important decisions in my life.  Decisions,  I wasn't sure I was ready to face. My heart felt lighter then it had in months.  Because a true friend believes in you, when you forget to believe in yourself!   I am so thankful that we have continued to make an effort to spend more time together.  I am so blessed that I can be a part of her life as well.  I continue to pray for her and her growing family, that they are blessed with continued happiness, love and health.  PS Corina - Tell Kaylee I said.....Happy Birthday!

WEDDING PLANS WITH THE FUTURE HOGANS - Sunday, I had looked forward to another day with James and Emalie in Des Moines at another bridal forum...  But where was I on Sunday, on the couch, thankful for back pills, ice packs and heating pads.  Not how I had planned to spend my Sunday. But I did spend the day relaxing,  looking for activities on Pinterest, stalking people's lives on Facebook and working on some recipes for my blog.  I still wish I had been able to spend the day with them.... I enjoy wedding planning! Hopefully next time, I can tag along!

FAITH - How I miss my Carter.  I am so thankful that Brennon and I are able to talk about Carter and the plans we had for our sweet boy.  I remember being pregnant and thanking God for the life growing inside of me.  I remember one prayer I said often, where I thanked God for this little one, and how I prayed that God would show me the way to teach my child about Him.  I heard a quote today, and I am not sure who wrote it, but it really made remember the strength of my love for the little boy I held so briefly. It went, "Dear Lord, I wanted to hold my little one on my lap,  and tell him about You. But since I never got the chance, will you please hold him on Your lap and tell him about me?"  I could read that line over and over and the tears will continue to flow.  I continue to wonder what God has planned for me.  I pray that this experience continues to strengthen me for God's purpose and the person He wants me to be.  "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."  Phillipians 4:13

So, this brings me to the Thought of the Week -- As I mentioned before, the thought for the week is "This is My Life".  I want to use the next week to be of assistance to others, to share with others all of the blessings that have been bestowed on me.  This is the perfect week to look at my 2013 Pay It Forward list and choose a friend, family member, acquaintance, or stranger, and hopefully provide them with a little sunshine in their day.  Until next time - God Bless!  Melissa



2 comments:

  1. WOW.....Blessing others......Just what we heard in church Sunday!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete